We are looking to add an experienced, energetic Transaction Coordinator to join our family. You must also be a solid problem solver and team player who is punctual, self-motivated, able to work independently, and has a sense of humor. VLG is a fast-paced environment where we LOVE working with our active duty service members, Veterans and their families. We need our new teammate to have the same dedication as we do!
- Military Experience or Military Spouse Experience a HUGE Plus
- Must have a minimum of 3+ years in a Transaction Coordinator/Processing role
- Applicants should be up to date with current mortgage practices and regulations
- Must hold MLO license or able to get licensed within 90 days (If Branch Requires)
What you’ll need to be successful:
Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization capabilities, and positive attitude. The Transaction Coordinator will act as an extension of the Loan Officer in loan origination activities. They will also act as a liaison between the processor, LO, agents, borrowers & any other 3rd parties involved in the loan process. You will need to bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a quick wit.
Candidates will also possess:
- Receive file assignment and verbal/written details from LO/LOA
- Acquire eConsent from the client
- Gather “skinny docs” and initial borrower documentation to assist in determining qualification
- Complete/review/update the loan application including all VA screens
- Research and review program guidelines to ensure loan qualification
- Once loan has the minimum documents needed to pre-approve, send your cover letter to the LO and JR LO to review and issue a pre-approval letter
- Review purchase contracts and update Encompass file for processing
- Provide agent updates during the transaction per branch requirements
- Gather all borrower items during the transaction and provide regular updates. Meet with the clients in person if they prefer
- Submit loans to processing when ready for underwriting
- Work closely with the borrower after CTC to ensure timely execution of the CD and loan document signing
- Participate in weekly pipeline meetings with your team
- Assist the team in other duties not listed to help with the loan process, facilitate pipeline growth and maintain VLG’s culture
- Monitor emails after hours & weekends for urgent issues or to assist sales team, agents or clients
- Solid problem solver, team player, have a sense of humor and love tacos!
YOU MUST LOVE OUR MILITARY FAMILIES, OR DON’T BOTHER APPLYING!