Loan Officer Assistant
We are looking to add an experienced, upbeat Loan Officer Assistant to their team. We need a problem-solving team player who is punctual, self-motivated, able to work independently, and has a sense of humor. We run on funny memes and inside jokes. VLG is a fast-paced environment where we LOVE working with our active duty service members, Veterans, and their families. We need our new teammate to have the same dedication as we do!
- Military Experience or Military Spouse Experience a HUGE Plus
- 1+ years of experience as a Loan Officer Assistant a plus, but not required
- Applicants should be up to date with current mortgage practices and regulations
- Must hold MLO license or able to get licensed within 90 days
What you’ll need to be successful:
Success in this job relies on your time management skills, organization capabilities, and positive attitude. The Loan Officer Assistant will act as an extension of the Loan Officer in loan origination activities. They will also act as a liaison between the processor, LO, agents, borrowers & any other 3rd parties involved in the loan process. You will need to bring enthusiasm, attention to detail, and a quick wit.
Candidates will also possess:
- Good time management & the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent sales skills with the ability to handle objections & trouble shoot tough files
- Self-motivation to stay up to date on current products & changes to market conditions.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, necessary to expedite mortgage process.
- Extraordinary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Teamwork mindset.
- Strong computer and technology related skills.
- Professional & positive demeanor at all times with teammates & clients.
- Take initial lead phone calls to gather the details of what the borrower would like to do and answer any questions they have
- Send out the intro email with the link to the loan application and the items needed attached
- Retrieve and review loan applications for complete information needed to pull credit
- Pull credit and review for loan qualification. Put the borrower on a credit repair plan if needed
- Assist the TC in follow up with the borrower if they are not providing documents
- Attend VLG events (if directed by your LO)
- Must love food of the taco variety!
YOU MUST LOVE OUR MILITARY FAMILIES, OR DON’T BOTHER APPLYING!